Thursday, July 29, 2010

Olympic Pairs Figure Skating Short Program - The Horror of the Outfits

From True/Slant on February 15, 2010:

Olympic Pairs Figure Skating Short Program: A Hot Sartorial Mess.


Top Five Amazing Outfits during the Pairs Figure Skating Short program:

5. Zhang Dan and Zhang Hao of China.

“Screw this, man. When they said we were getting costumes from the New Orleans Saints victory parade, I thought I was getting a Drew Brees jersey.”

4. Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett of the U.S.

“I hope all these feathers and superhero red stripes in my hair make me aerodynamic, because I am so not sure I can land this.”

3. Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov from Russia.

“Lash me again you knave! You’ll not loosen my tongue.”

2. From the Ukraine, Tatiana Volosozhar and Stanlislav Morozov.

“NO! Don’t go in there! You don’t have to die! No one has to die at 30! You could live! LIVE! Live, and grow old! I’ve seen it! She’s seen it!”

1. Robin Szolkowy and Aliona Savchenko of Germany.

“Can’t Sleep. Clowns will eat me.”

Other captions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment