Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I, Too, Hate the Cardinals, Brandon Phillips

The summer was going along according to form. The Pirates were in the sub-basement of the NL Central and the St. Louis Cardinals were near the top. Lather, rinse, repeat. Wake me when something interesting happens.

Thank you, thank you Brandon Phillips. Phillips, the Cincinnati Reds 2nd baseman told the Dayton Daily News,

“I’d play against these guys with one leg. We have to beat these guys. I hate the Cardinals. All they do is bitch and moan about everything, all of them, they’re little bitches, all of ‘em.

“I really hate the Cardinals. Compared to the Cardinals, I love the Chicago Cubs. Let me make this clear: I hate the Cardinals.”


And if by "Cardinals" Phillips means, "Tony Larussa," I'll even buy him a ballpark wienie.